For Filipinos who don’t have a credit card to Verify their Paypal Accounts, here is the easiest way to apply for a card and become Paypal Verified. You can apply for a Unionbank EON VISA Electron Card. I personally used this to verify my Paypal account and I want to share the steps I have done to get this card.
STEPS IN APPLYING FOR A UNIONBANK EON VISA ELECTRON CARD:
1. Make sure you have at least two (2) valid IDs and photocopies of it;
- Current Driver’s License
- Permit to Carry Firearms
- New Social Security System (SSS) card
- Government Services Insurance System (GSIS) ecard
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Digitized TIN Card
- Postal ID
- National Statistics Office (NSO) authenticated Birth Certificate
- NSO authenticated Marriage Certificate
- Original and unexpired National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police clearance
- Digitized Voter’s ID
- Office of Senior Citizen Affairs (OSCA) / Senior Citizen card
- ACR Identity card (I-card)
- Consular ID
- Barangay certification
- Philippine Overseas Employment Association (POEA) / Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) card
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID)
- Certification from National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- PRA Special Resident Retiree VISA (SRRV) ID
- Other Valid IDs issued by the Government and its instrumentalities.
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Company IDs issued by the private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
For Foreigners/Non-Citizens, you must submit the original and a photocopy of your passport. In addition, you must submit at least ONE of the following IDs;
- Alien Certification of Registration or ACR identity card (for resident aliens) / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Special resident retiree visa (for PRA registered)
- Driver’s license
- Social security or National ID
ID source: unionbankph – List of Valid IDs
2. Prepare 350 Pesos (price when I applied) as payment for the Unionbank EON VISA Electron card issuance (already covers the VISA Electron annual fee).
3. Go to a Unionbank branch near you (advisable) or apply online (currently unavailable).
4. Fill up the Application Form for EON card, make sure you provide your personal details correctly.
5. Pay 350 Pesos as card issuance fee (already covers the VISA Electron annual fee).
6. Wait for seven (7) banking days (Monday to Friday are banking days) for your card issue.
7. On the seventh banking day, call your branch and ask if your card is ready for pick-up.
8. When you receive your card, you will also receive a sealed paper that contains your 4-digit card PIN. You can’t use your card yet. It usually takes about 24 hours upon activation of your card or ask the bank officer who gave your card about you card’s activation time.
9. When your card is already activated, go to the nearest Unionbank ATM machine and change the original 4-digit card PIN to your desired PIN.
10. Now you are ready to apply for a Unionbank EON Cyber Account. This online account is going to be used to track your card transactions. It’s much faster than conventional monthly statement of account via snail mail.
APPLYING FOR A UNIONBANK EON CYBER ACCOUNT:
1. Go to unionbankph.com, under “Access your account here”, click EON Cyber Account.
2. Click the “Enroll Here” link.
3. Enter your EON card number (the 16-digit number on the center of your card) and PIN then click the “Submit” button.
4. It may require you to input a user name that will be used later as your log-in user name. Wait for 3 to 4 business days upon activation of your EON Cyber Account.
5. If you’re going to Verify your Paypal Account using this card, deposit $1.95 (about 100 pesos, I made it 200 pesos for sure) to your EON Savings Account. Your EON Saving Account Number is located below your name on your card, the 12-digit one. This amount is going to be used by Paypal to generate a code for your Verification.
Hope my guide will help you. Thanks for reading.