Smart Money MasterCard is a debit card that offers variety of features and services exclusive of course for Smart Communications subscribers.
It can be used to pay your bills, load a Smart Buddy or Talk ‘N Text mobile phone, transfer funds from one Smart Money MasterCard to another, shop in over 25 Million MasterCard locations worldwide and withdraw funds using MegaLink, BancNet and Expressnet ATMs nationwide and Cirrus ATMs worldwide. Just make sure this card is fully loaded before using it to maximize its services.
I applied for this card because I use this for shopping goods, paying grocery bills and reloading my Smart Buddy mobile credits. I also always use this to withdraw my Paypal funds. This card helped me a lot because I don’t have to carry much cash on my wallet all the time.
Since this card helped me good enough, I want to share a simple guide on how to apply for this card based on what I did to get this card.
Applying for this card online is easy. Make sure you have an active Smart Buddy sim card with a least one (1) Peso airtime load, you are 12 years old or above and must be resident of the Philippines then just follow these steps;
1. Download your Smart Money account number using your mobile phone. Click here for details.
Note: In this step, you will indicate a 6-digit W-PIN, this PIN will serve as your Smart Money PIN for your mobile phone so better memorize this and keep it private.
3. Wait for a call from Smart Communications’ representative for validation before the Smart Money MasterCard issuance.
Note: List down on a piece of paper the Smart Money account number you downloaded from your mobile phone, the representative will ask you this.
4. Wait for a text message from Smart Money (it usually takes around 3 to 4 days for you to receive this message) about when to pick-up your Smart Money MasterCard at your preferred Smart wireless center.
5. Prepare the following before picking up your card;
a. Thirty (30) Pesos – as card issuance fee only. Smart Money MasterCard has NO annual fee.
b. One valid ID and a photocopy of it (NO other financial documents required). Present any of the following valid IDs listed below;
- For Minors: Photo bearing School ID signed by the Principal or School Head
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- SSS Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- OWWA ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and GOCC ID
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- DSWD Certification
- Integrated BAR of the Philippines ID
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
6. Upon receipt of your Smart Money MasterCard, activate it by calling 845-7777 (using your landline) or 15177 (using your Smart mobile phone).
7. You are now ready to link your Smart Money MasterCard to your Smart mobile phone to maximize its features.
LINKING YOUR SMART MONEY MASTERCARD TO YOUR SMART MOBILE PHONE:
1. Go to your Smart mobile phone’s SMART Menu and select SMART Money.
2. Choose any transaction, press OK.
3. Enter your 6-digit W-PIN (your W-PIN is the one you indicated on Step 1 of Applying for a Smart Money MasterCard), press OK.
4. Re-enter your W-PIN, press OK.
5. Choose “Link A Card“, press OK.
6. Enter your 16-digit Smart Money CARD number (refer to your card), press OK.
7. Enter you preferred Card Name, press OK.
8. Enter your 6-digit Card PIN (you can have it same as your W-PIN for easier memorization, if you want), press OK.
9. Wait for your confirmation message.
Congratulations! You now have your Smart Money MasterCard linked to your mobile phone. I hope this guide based on my experience will also help you get your own Smart Money MasterCard.